Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Recently upgraded M350 only getting around 230mbps?

Hello,

Haven't posted on the forum before, but hoping someone can assist me. Last week I upgraded from M200 to M350 broadband. I've had all the confirmation emails through saying the upgrade is complete, but I'm not seeing the increase in speed I was expecting. Prior to the upgrade I was getting almost bang on 200mbps consistently and I was very happy with the stability of the connection. Since upgrade however it's only moved marginally higher averaging around 230/240mbps. It's certainly nowhere near 350!

Since I've had VM broadband installed I've run the Hub 3.0 in modem mode and I use an Asus RT-AC68U. I've tested the connection both wired and wireless with very little difference. I have also done a factory reset on the hub box and tried it in both router and modem mode and this doesn't improve the speeds either. 

I've posted the Network Status data below- note that I only did factory reset about an hour before posting this. Can someone offer some advice or potentially arrange an engineer visit if required? The call centre wait times were horrendous so this seemed like a better option.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recently upgraded M350 only getting around 230mbps?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos