cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent gig1 and hub 5 upgrade, slow download speeds on Xbox

ehsanr22
Joining in

Hi,

Today I got the upgrade to Gig1 from 500mb and a hub 5 router.

I am using wireless xbox connection as dont have an ethernet cable long enough to connect to the router and my download speeds are exactly the same as I was getting with the 500mb package, around 100mbps in xbox download speed.

I need help sorting this out please as there’s no point me upgrading to gig1 if the download speeds are the same and I might aswell just cancel within my 14 days if I can’t get it sorted.

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

ehsanr22
Joining in

Now i’m only getting 50mbps on xbox downloads which is the slowest speed i’ve ever had with Virgin

What does this site show?

https://speedtest.samknows.com/

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your xbox isn't capable of getting 1gig over wifi, you may as well downgrade as your not making the most of the speed

Hi, thanks for the response, results shown below:

B01E86A2-AECD-41EC-8EA0-73714A921C9D.png

Hi, of course I was never expecting 1gig or near on the Xbox at all, but I have friends and family who at least get 5-600 minimum through their xbox whilst i’m on 100 currently

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get a Cat 6 cable as a test and see what the results show.  1GB connection should top out at around 940.

As for Wifi, do an environment survey with a wifi scanner and see what the issues are.  It could just be you need better wifi to get the best out of your XBox.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

On M500 80% of the VM service was unavailable to the XBOX due to the use of Wi-Fi.

Upgrading to Gig1 was not a smart move.

So why do others I know on Wi-Fi using Xbox get around 500-600mbps?

@ehsanr22 wrote:

Hi, thanks for the response, results shown below:

B01E86A2-AECD-41EC-8EA0-73714A921C9D.png

I cannot see the image as yet.

What speed is displayed on the left (Speed to the HUB over the VM network)?