Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Really slow speed - Bristol

I'm in Bristol on a 200Mbps connection, however the speeds I'm getting are not even hitting 25Mbps.  Coupled with that, over the last month or so I've been having to reboot the router every day as the wifi has been dropping entirely multiple times.

I realise that the network is pretty saturated at the moment, but I'm still paying for 200 (which purports to guarantee a minimum of 107Mbps).

Obviously a cliche, but I'm an IT engineer by trade, so I've tested all I can and I can rule out my home infrastructure as the issue.

Here's my (wired) speedtest from a few minutes ago - https://www.speedtest.net/result/9230147706

With call centres closed and no live chat I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go next.  There are no service outages in the area, and my next door neighbour, who's on a 100Mbps line, is getting about 50!

Is there anyone from VM on here that might be able to help?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really slow speed - Bristol

Please PM me with your account number and area reference and I can take a look at this for you.
Thanks,
Stuart
I am a Virgin Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some kudos.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

Have you got anything hardwired connected to the hub? 

Do you run switch? 

Thanks

Ashley

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Yes, I have a switch with some stuff connected, however with nothing in use the speed it still nowhere near useful unfortunately.

Thanks

0 Kudos