Menu
Scantyisland
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Really slow broadband

I'm on m200 and only getting 44 mbs download speed and 20 mbs upload speed less than half what it should be I've had this issue a year and every time I phone I get told it's fine ..

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really slow broadband

Are you testing wired or wireless?

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
Scantyisland
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Wireless 44 mbs been having issues for ages the kids have now noticed how bad it is now 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Can you do the following as asked, run a test on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
Scantyisland
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-16-13-955_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-31-05-35-29-509_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

 this was this morning at 5 am so no traffic 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Dude, I really need you to do as asked to start the process to see were the actual problem is, whether it's the speed coming in to the router or the wireless or whatever but if you don't do the test then I won't be able to help you any further 😞

Scantyisland
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

2021-01-31.png

0 Kudos
Scantyisland
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

There you go mate 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Just waiting on the image being approved. Was the test run via wired connection with a Cat 5 cable or better to a PC or laptop?

0 Kudos
Scantyisland
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Done on laptop with cable I presume it's cat 5 it was supplied by virgin 

0 Kudos