Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Really frustrated

I want an internet that works. Why as my quality dropped to the point it’s worse than 3G giff gaff I’m at the lowest possible quality. A 125mb for a 2 hour movie and it’s still buffering.  It use to be really fast to 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really frustrated

How are you connecting Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

It can be difficult diagnosing problems without some basic information.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here, it's becoming a joke. I have had minimal internet for nearly two weeks, don't expect a fix any time soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

and Mike robbo sends the same message to everyone i'm sure he is a bot, he is absolutely no help what so ever

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@burckett wrote:

and Mike robbo sends the same message to everyone i'm sure he is a bot, he is absolutely no help what so ever

Wrong.

I send the same messages to everyone because just about every problem posted on this forum needs the same information to work from, and to get that information the same questions need asking. I have been troubleshooting system problems for just under 45 years and if you stick to a method that works you usually get to a conclusion quite quickly.

If you know of any better methods of troubleshooting problems over the internet please tell, I am sure myself and many others on here will be pleased to learn these new methods.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't mind Mike after 45 years of solving problems, when i told you i have no information given when performing the http://192.168.0.1 router test, you just completely ignored me. But i suppose ignoring a problem could be classed as solving it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@burckett wrote:

I wouldn't mind Mike after 45 years of solving problems, when i told you i have no information given when performing the http://192.168.0.1 router test, you just completely ignored me. But i suppose ignoring a problem could be classed as solving it.

When are you going to publish your troubleshooting methods?

Every day is a school day and I always look forward to learning new things

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@burckett wrote:

Considering Mike doesn't work for VM, and spends his spare time helping others, your comment is unfair.

I'm sure you will soon disappear from this community forum when you no longer have an issue...

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

"and if you stick to a method that works you usually get to a conclusion quite quickly."

problem is in the 45 years like everyone else working in IT you will learn that users never want to help themselves or you. So with no information given no help can be offered

the support paradox

Everything is broke. What do we pay you for

Everything is working. What do we pay you for

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Legend
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Scouser2019 wrote:

I want an internet that works. Why as my quality dropped to the point it’s worse than 3G giff gaff I’m at the lowest possible quality. A 125mb for a 2 hour movie and it’s still buffering.  It use to be really fast to 

Do you want to provide the info asked for in Message 2 of this thread before it was hijacked ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos