Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Really dont help themselves and definately not us!!

There has been and still are speed and connectivity across some B37 areas since 12pm this afternoon, it's taken a while but there is now a message on the support line to say this complex issue is being worked on but the website and test apps still say there is no issue!!!

How many calls, complaints and wasted time could have been saved by just updating things properly?!? Really annoying!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really dont help themselves and definately not us!!

So we got speed and wifi connectivity back at 8pm last night, but at 8am this morning we lost everything again, still nothing on the website saying that there is an issue in the area, but there is a message to say that there is an issue if you try and ring in about it.

Looking at the quality monitor, it looks more like they are performing some scheduled work as they started at exactly 12pm yesterday afternoon and finished at 8pm at which point we got almost full service back and now we are down again at exactly 8am;

Oopsy

If it is a genuine issue, why isn't there anything on the status page?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The check status webpage only shows issues that are affecting a large number of customers, for more localized issues it is best to call the automated system 0800 561 0061 which will report down to postcode level.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, can almost buy in to that, but it used to highlight that there was an issue in the area, which postcodes it affected and what the estimated fix time was.

So what is considered a 'large number of customers' to prompt an issue message these days?

What i am getting is a message to say there is an issue, but just a 'we may fix it at some point' message and again, to go back to my initial point, when did issues get fixed to a schedule so exact as this one?

I am hypersensitive to this stuff lately as i have just come out of the back end of almost 6 months of daily issues because they wouldn't listen to me or their own engineers to fix the problem, it took annoying the executives to get anything done, so trust levels are at low to say the least.

The overall issue is lack of information or communication lately, using lockdown as an excuse to shut down many avenues of contact and burying any contact numbers or email addresses in circular support pages/apps that tell you nothing. They leave it to this place to placate or deflect people, with people who are ultimately tying to help, but generally never have the whole story themselves.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So, according to another response on another post, this is a well known issue at Virgin, could potentially take another 6 days to fix.....yet, not worth mentioning on the status page or checker app which are still both reporting no issues with broadband?!?

If I had been able to get this information readily I could have made other work arrangements instead of losing half a days holiday.

Their actions, or inaction really impact people's lives right now and this cloak and dagger approach to support is crazy.

0 Kudos