Menu
umiraj
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service failingon Broadband

Hi, I believe you are very insightfull and have been very helpful.  In the last 12 months there must have at least 6 days when we have had issues with broadband failure.  Many times recently, we have had the message 'your internet is unstabel' whilst on Zoom video calls for work!!  I have a booster from Virgin as well but nothing seems to work very well.  Thinking of changing provider, what do you suggest?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do you connect to the Hub with Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

What device are you using ?

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just a bit of information that might be of interest to your company IT.

All Zoom calls (even from adjacent computers) are routed through the USA incurring an extra 100ms or so latency over UK /  European hosting servers. 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
umiraj
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mike

Thank you for the reply, here are the answers to your Q's:

I connect ny laptop thru WiFi.  I also have a Virgin wifi booster. Sometimes, I also use ethermet on my laptop, but this not help that much. from my router, I have TP Link wall socket which helps to extend the wifi signal.  In another room, I have the other half of the TP Link wall socket thru which I use the ethernet cable into my desktop or laptop.  During any Video calls, I often get a message saying that my internet is unstable and this is in spite of using the ethernet cable!

Device are laptop & desktop.  I have the HUB 3 with a contracted speed of 100MBPS

Thank you and I hope you can help with any suggestions.

0 Kudos