Menu
Funkyfin2000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: M350 Slow

I have exactly the same issue as well and exactly same service from virgin and same Amplifi kit

The test from the amplify box is exactly the same. 170 max and upload is fine at 38 bang on

I'm told there could be an issue with the firmware on the virgin router that is restricting it.

Did you get anywhere? 

0 Kudos
tofitzgerald1
Joining in
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I didn’t get any assistance from Virgin Media. The reason for the rubbish connection is due to the output from the Virgin Media Hub 3 from their Ethernet Ports.

I’d try and get ahold of their newest Virgin Media Hub 4, which ought to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Nothing wrong with the Hub3, I am on the 600mb service and get on average 590mb dl and 38mb ul. My Hub is in modem mode connected to an Asus router.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Funkyfin2000,

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I have looked into your account and can see that you have an issue with upstream power levels on your connection that will need a technician visit to resolve.

I will need to confirm a few details with you so that I can arrange the technician visit, I will send over a private message so that we can do that right now.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming your details via private message.

The system is showing an issue with upstream channels that could be causing the issues with your 3rd party router, a hub 4 would not solve the issue with your upstream channels and any issue would remain until the power levels are adjusted by a technician visit. 

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order. 

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Funkyfin2000
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

I think that's probably not the issue tbh! but let's see - I have a Sam Knows box an that reports every day for me - and I've just tested:

Funkyfin2000_1-1623673701613.png

Hoping you can see the above - the Sam Knows box gets WELL over the speed I'm on (350mb Service) - the speed to the Computer is ALWAYS much lower - If I test DIRECTLY from the Amplifi box directly (or via PC with ethernet cable gives the same result) I get the following (which is the same as above) - I have it on good authority here that the SH3 config is throttling the connection to 3rd party routers. As the poster above mentions (and I know his works) but I also had an Asus router before I had the Amplifi solution and that had the EXACT same problem - max download anything between 130mb and 170mb...

Here's the Amplifi speed tests done over a long period direct from the box:

Funkyfin2000_2-1623673924469.png

Thanks for the engineer visit booking - but unless they really know their stuff - I don't believe there to be a problem with the upstream etc as I've had engineers out before who have fully checked the line etc.

Any further input would be great - as I have the same problem as the OP.

0 Kudos
Funkyfin2000
Tuning in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@Funkyfin2000 wrote:

Hi Steve,

I think that's probably not the issue tbh! but let's see - I have a Sam Knows box an that reports every day for me - and I've just tested:

Funkyfin2000_1-1623673701613.png

Hoping you can see the above - the Sam Knows box gets WELL over the speed I'm on (350mb Service) - the speed to the Computer is ALWAYS much lower - If I test DIRECTLY from the Amplifi box directly (or via PC with ethernet cable gives the same result) I get the following (which is the same as above) - I have it on good authority here that the SH3 config is throttling the connection to 3rd party routers. As the poster above mentions (and I know his works) but I also had an Asus router before I had the Amplifi solution and that had the EXACT same problem - max download anything between 130mb and 170mb...

Here's the Amplifi speed tests done over a long period direct from the box:

Funkyfin2000_2-1623673924469.png

Thanks for the engineer visit booking - but unless they really know their stuff - I don't believe there to be a problem with the upstream etc as I've had engineers out before who have fully checked the line etc.

Any further input would be great - as I have the same problem as the OP.

On your Asus router, and maybe on the Amplifi, do you have hardware acceleration enabled?  I have found that my Asus needs HW acceleration to be able to get over 200mb download speed.  Depending on your configuration some options on the Asus routers turn off HW acceleration.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating us @Funkyfin2000

I'm so sorry to hear this is happening and I understand your concerns. If you could update us once the engineer has been as they will be able yo best advise on this and hopefully get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks again.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Funkyfin2000
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I've tried it on and off no difference at all... here's the feature:

The Hardware NAT feature is specifically designed for gigabit users who are experiencing slower throughput via their AmpliFi's LAN ports. It is only recommend to enable this feature if you are experiencing slower "hardwired" speeds from the AmpliFi unit and have a confirmed gigabit internet plan.

Visit on Wed - so will see what comes of it -but I can 100% tell you the engineer will say the line is fine and this isn't anything to do with line quality.

0 Kudos