cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Huge Latency issues, ping spikes ongoing for 6 months

Charlieboyuk
Tuning in

I have had the same issues with the router constantly dropping out and saying you need to check your connections which are all fine, and constantly having to reset my router, which means you lose your passwords for everything connected to it. I was told it was my network, I was very sceptical as it always starts to happen in the morning when i would think is the start of high usage, but you flogged me a new package with your new 'WIFI pods' and 350Mb which I was told would solve it... guess what still getting the same issues. Clearly Virgin has a congestion problem which they don't want to admit to and your Customer Services have little to no technical knowledge, and I was told you don't have an IT helpdesk what IT company doesn't have that??  Every time I have to take time off work to wait for engineer! 

No point Virgin promoting Gigabit connections, if you can't even deliver a constant connection in the first place! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Power levels are too low - get VM back 

bad cable, connection, cabinet whatever 

nothing to do with WiFi pods - thats a bad mis-selling from someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about (or trying it on).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

risc19
Well-informed

@Charlieboyuk wrote:

I was told it was my network, I was very sceptical as it always starts to happen in the morning when i would think is the start of high usage, but you flogged me a new package with your new 'WIFI pods' and 350Mb which I was told would solve it... guess what still getting the same issues.

I've seen that tactic on these very forums before.

1. Deny that it's VMs network thats at fault, and blame yours.

2. Upgrade them at cost knowing that it will not help anything but drain your back account.

That way they can charge you more for the same faulty service.

cd99
Joining in

Same problem here.

Each year goes by my latency gets higher, my speed gets lower.

Seems to me a congestion problem.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Charlieboyuk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having some connection issues recently. I've just checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to see any faults being detected on the line currently. Are these problems ongoing for you today?

If they are, can you confirm if your wired connection is also impacted by issues, or just wireless/Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @risc19,

It's a shame to hear that you feel this way. If we're aware of a fault then I assure you that we'll do what we can to investigate and resolve it ASAP.

Are you facing any problems with your service at the moment? If you are, would you mind expanding on what issues you're currently experiencing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @cd99,

I can see that you recently posted about some service issues you were experiencing and my colleague responded to help, but it doesn't look like you've replied just yet.

If you need further assistance, please get back to us there and we can proceed with further steps if needed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

You always say its not your end, I'm at work at the movement but i can see my door bell camera is down again, which means my router has gone offline again and is failing to connect to WiFi or may not be connecting at all, it went off again three times yesterday. I'm using your new mesh Pod which was meant to solve issues according to your customer services. 

If you can see my connection and the history of activity, maybe you would like to tell me why my router lost connection today sometime from 1.15pm to 2.15pm and why it did not and the at least three times on Sunday. 

So... the saga continues, got home last night, flashing green lights of doom (the green bar at the bottom and the connection lights and WIFI green) no internet. Had to unplug the coax cable while on, then turn router off, then it eventually came back again (I read this is what you do, not sure why you have to do that, didnt want to fully reset router with the pin as then have to rest all my passwords on my other equipment). Went off overnight again, came back on then went off this morning and now have no WIFI so can't access my door cam, my ethernet is working as i have a camera on that. .  

Checked your site today and it now says 'looks like there's an intermittent signal issue in your area' .... yep I could have told you that weeks ago! 

Zach_R (Forum Team), you cant just check someone's connection once and say it is working all ok, when my router came back on it was all working ok... then it goes off again. 

Can someone please sort this looooog ongoing issue, you flogged me a new package with your so called 'intelligent wiffi POD as you said that would sort it, clearly hasn't made any difference.  

Zach, do you get back to messages on here, or anyone from the Virgin team?? Could you read my messages please and check my router and tell me what is up. My router according to the report on it has dropped out 269 times this month!! 55 times on Sunday alone. It's gone again today first the wifi goes, then it totally falls over, just flashing green network lights and bar at the bottom flashes. Your customer service phone line is next to useless and you have no tech support which is hopeless for a tech company, one guy Mark in Newcastle has been the only one helpful so far after numerous calls to your so called 'customers services'. On of your team just sold me a new package with PODs and said that would solve it... clearly not!!! 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/634763

Hi Charlieboyuk,

Apologies for the late reply, unfortunately, this is not an immediate response team. We are sorry that you're having continuous issues with your Wi-Fi service currently.

Remotely lookin from our end, we can see that you have contacted our team and that we have an engineer has been arranged.

Please can you keep us posted with how the visit goes.

Kind regards Jodi.