Menu
Garboid
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rain affecting broadband

Every time it rains my internet is awful. Slow speed crashing and wifi none existent. I have called sent texts but yet Virgin don’t want to know.  It’s a joke that my speed is 9mb and I pay for 100mb. Why won’t Virgin investigate the issue. The ducts that  the cable runs in gets full of water as Open Reach have the same issue. But yet Virgin turn a blind eye.  

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rain affecting broadband

The wires are waterproof, water in ducts is normal and not an issue

0 Kudos
Garboid
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

But if the cables are damaged or there’s water getting into the exchange box across the street then it can affect it.  So why when it rains my internet is awful and I have to keep resetting and when it’s dry I have no issues.  I work from home so I monitor this. The rain must be causing an issue.  It didn’t rain for weeks and no issues the day it rains and following days issues.  Then it goes dry and issues disappeared.  

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garboid,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your broadband issue when it is raining. We can certainly appreciate your frustration with this. 

I have been unable to locate your account from our side and so what I will do is private message you to get some details and clear data protection. 

^Martin

0 Kudos