Menu
Hoogle
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

[RANT] Why cant virgin admit speed issues

You see them boasting about 1 gig being available in more areas. But it is either killing services for everyone else as this week my 500mbps package is only getting 5 - 50 mbps if i wanted that speed I would be with BT for £20 a month not £100. 

It is all very well saying put router in modem mode plug a cat 6 cable in to a 1 gbps enabled port etc and run a speed test all of that has been done and looking around the forums this is not just an isolated issue. 

People say it is because everyone is self isolating and using netflix etc That is not my problem it is not about me taking a hit whilst I am still paying full price for my package which I have never been able to get as the technicians will not upgrade my cabinet to 500 mbps (yet again why are they charging me when I pre ordered it before launch they promiised that all 350 mbps connections will be able to get 500 mbps) I have been paying it since April last year and it shouldnt take a year to update when every street around me is 500mbps enabled.  The fact is if it is network flooded by all the self isolation then Virgin are still responsible as their supply can not meet their demand of paying customers. All very well them sending emails out saying only call in an emergency. I am not part of this current trend where self isolation is the thing to do. This is what I am like all year round I rarely go outside and my life revolves around the internet and when you can not even watch youtube let alone netflix half the time on your £100 package then questions need to be asked and answered. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: [RANT] Why cant virgin admit speed issues

Nice rant 🙂
As this is a help forum, if you want help from people on here then you need to post up more specific details of your "technical issue" and be prepared to run tests people ask you to do. One thing for sure is that 5-10 mbps downloads is not correct on any VM package anywhere - irrespective of cabinet capabiities/areas - you have a problem.
If you dont want to get involved in sorting it, then that's ok, just wait on here and a VM person will answer your questions in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos