Menu
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Price Hike

So i awake this morning to see a massive £4 hike again in my price to what i pay for this service.  With this price it will take it up to £61 really!!.  So if a new custermer joins they get it at a super low price but for existing custermers like myself with over 15 years using them i get shafterd.

Well sorry Virgin that is way outa line and now im going to cancel ur service as this is abbysmal service espoecially when i aint even at the top speed.  Want me to pay over £60 then speed me up to the max instead of leaving me on my standard net speed and hiking my price up.  £61!! utter garbage.

Such a crap company now.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Hike

0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4 best time to call is between 8-10am to avoid too long a queue.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ghastous wrote:

So i awake this morning to see a massive £4 hike again in my price to what i pay for this service.  With this price it will take it up to £61 really!!.  So if a new custermer joins they get it at a super low price but for existing custermers like myself with over 15 years using them i get shafterd.

Well sorry Virgin that is way outa line and now im going to cancel ur service as this is abbysmal service espoecially when i aint even at the top speed.  Want me to pay over £60 then speed me up to the max instead of leaving me on my standard net speed and hiking my price up.  £61!! utter garbage.

Such a crap company now.

Just contact them and speak to the correct team to sign up to a cheaper contract.

I got mine down from £52/month (To be £55.50) to £40/month (To be £43.50).

0 Kudos
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well so far what ive heard from all my friends on VM is that they say nope they wont reduce you at all so if they dont well ill just leave.
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ghastous wrote:
Well so far what ive heard from all my friends on VM is that they say nope they wont reduce you at all so if they dont well ill just leave.

I didn't do anything special, just used the webchat over the weekend.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ghastous,

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months.  Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%.  We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

We’re committed to supporting customers like you and providing you with greater overall value.

Whether we’re upgrading customers’ services, giving them brilliant equipment which will help them to get the most from Virgin Media, or giving them exclusive access to competitions and content, we’re always looking to do more for our customers.

Beth

0 Kudos
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeh the network as increased by 95% lol i wonder why.  Oh no our network as increased cos of deadly virus i tell you what lets make some BS excuse up and price hike there internet.

Dont bother trying to make excuses your a big business and all busnesses care about is money money money.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ghastous wrote:

Yeh the network as increased by 95% lol i wonder why.  Oh no our network as increased cos of deadly virus i tell you what lets make some BS excuse up and price hike there internet.

Dont bother trying to make excuses your a big business and all busnesses care about is money money money.

As I already stated pretty straight forward to reduce the monthly cost as long as you are willing to commit to an 18 month contract.

0 Kudos