Menu
Mshmsh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Potential issue with VM core router

Hello,

Over the last couple days I have noticed severe loss to my `1.1.1.1` target. After digging into this a bit it seems that traffic is lost over a VM core router at `212.250.14.2`.

As you can see the loss is consistent throughout the afternoons. The gap yesterday is actually lack of data as I moved my homeserver.

Note the loss to a BBC target

Given that, we can eliminate the issue is my setup, however to clarify: My setup is a SH4 in modem mode to a custom router. There is no indication that the issue lives on my side of the SH4.

I have only just started charting metrics to the core router I suspect is the issue so don't have much data there however the loss seems consistent with that of `1.1.1.1` for the past two hours.

I can't for the life of me work out how to get support for such issue (broken core router to peered connection?). Can you please provide me pointers to this? Along with that, would you think I can get more reliable support from VM business, how does their support operate?

Thanks for your help,

Msh

Mshmsh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential issue with VM core router

Had the same issue from 16:30 until 23:00 (roughly) last night. The charts for loss to 1.1.1.1 and the VM router look identical.

Any hints to getting support if this isn’t the right place would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and see how it goes.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Mshmsh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, but DNS resolution isn’t the issue I’m trying to solve, it’s the severe packet loss over certain routes on the VM network, Cloudflare DNS being one route affected.

0 Kudos
Mshmsh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Issue is currently ongoing again since about 12:40.

0 Kudos
Mshmsh
Tuning in
Message 6 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday ended at about midnight but here we go again since 09:30

Again, if this isn’t the right place, please can someone point me to appropriate support?

Msh

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 83
Flag for a moderator

post a tracert to 1.1.1.1 here
0 Kudos
Mshmsh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Note I get loss to most Cloudflare HTTPS targets too. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 83
Flag for a moderator

oh i can't confirm that as i seem to reach it by another route.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Confirmed.

@ModTeam one for networks. Not sure you, me or first line can do anything about this one

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 12.59.40.png