Hi all,

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor upload on M350

I would try a pinhole reset of the Hub first. Do as below and then you will need to put it back to modem mode and reconnect your router.

First make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables (your router) from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Then back to modem mode. See if that sorts it first

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jneff
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John I will do that next time.

The upload speed seemed to sort itself out after about 3 hours yesterday before you posted this.

0 Kudos
jneff
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It happened again so I've done a factory reset on the router and things seem to be performing better now. It is annoying how this seems to happen infrequently.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for the update @jneff  - glad that the PIN hole reset has worked currently. Please keep us posted with how things go and we can re-visit if needed.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jneff
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My upload has gone to zero again this morning, second time this week since I factory reset my router last week. No issues reported by Virgin in my area. My house is wired for Cat6a and I've been using this setup for years without issue.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning jneff,

Thanks for your latest update.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that we've been experiencing an outage in your local area since 14/04/21 and is due to run until 10/05/21 at 10:00

Does this fall in line with the time frame of the troublesome upload speed?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
jneff
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Yes it does - roll on the 10th May. That is almost a month of disrupted service!

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you Jonathan

Our team will do all they can to have this resolved for all users as soon as possible

We thank you for your patience

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos