Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor speeds

Hi,

Are other people getting frustrated by not getting the broadband speeds they are paying for?  I'm on M500 but if I'm lucky recently I'm only getting 150 to 200 and that is from a wired connection not wifi.

I have done all the normal things of check cables, rebooting, etc etc the normal stuff they say and have spent the last 2 hours of my life listening to the crap music while on hold.  Virgin's customer service is second to none - in that I cannot think of everyone who is so poor.  You end up in an endless loop which normally end up with you putting the phone down cause nothing has happened, you can't email them, online chats don't work they really are at the top of their game 😠

Their latest helpful tactic is press 1 and enter your mobile and they will send you a link, well they don't they just cut you off.  If you go to the suggested webpage /fault one is even better, it just says there is a fault on the page - fantastic they can't even get their own website working!

Can some please help and sort out why my broadband is so crap.  I have been with Virgin for years but at the moment I have to say your service is very poor and you really know how to annoy your customers.

According to your charter if my broadband does not meet standards then I can exit, but you have 30 days to get it sorted.  Perhaps you should the wording to they have 30 days for you to try and get through to them.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds

Hello

When you are doing a speedtest I take it that it is plugged directly into the hub with a Cat 5e cable or above.

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos