Menu
saabmania2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Poor speeds

Since our broadband, tv and telephone systems crashed for 4 days since it's come back on the TV & phone work fine but the broadband speeds are appalling we are on the 350mb service but barely pulling 30mb and that's consistent we have the same issues up and down the street so not a property issue 

This is the best reading from 5 I've also tried many other speed tests inc the one on the cable forum and they all report similar speeds  

this is now the 5th day in a row where we have had issues with the service 4 days without anything now this, might have to consider my options of suppliers soon 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds

Is that a wired or WiFi speed test?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
saabmania2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a wifi result but the wired test is only 0.5 to 1 meg better 

0 Kudos
saabmania2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is a quick test on wired as I said pretty much the same and well below what I'm paying for 

0 Kudos
TheChairman
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

go to your router and post copy and paste the stats your downstream and upstream stats
0 Kudos
saabmania2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You mean this?

Cable Modem Status
Item Status Comments
Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State
0 Kudos
saabmania2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still slow again today but no help from any Virgin Staff 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It’s been less than 24 hours since posting and it’s the weekend.

Youll need to wait for a forum mod to pick the post up. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning saabmania2,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems with reduced speed when using both wired and wireless connections. 

I have taken a look at the logs from our side and can see there has been some fluctuations over the last 7 days but things seem to have settled over the last 24 hours. Has there been any improvements at all?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
saabmania2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

No to be honest they are as bad if not worse than they have been, this morning i'm now down to under 20mb's on the broadband and we also have nearly a completely unresponsive V6 box struggling to change channel, I've reset the modem multiple times, I've rebooted the box numerous times but no improvement 

I will say though that I don't think it is an equipment issue in our property as this issue has only started since the big outage that lasted 4 days in this area and quite a few of my neighbours are complaining of similar issues, which would suggest something that was done at the time of the outage hasn't been done properly. 

Something needs sorting as I think if this is not sorted you might have quite a few people returning equipment and swapping suppliers, most of us are still stuck at home trying to work or like myself have 3 children trying to do collage work, and GCSE studies and haven't been able to for most of the week 

0 Kudos