Menu
ReverendRevelry
Joining in
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds

Oh dayumm,thanks for the info

I asked the engineer to set it up in the entrance but he said he cant set it up near bt's thingy

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

What BT thingy ? Do you also have a BT Hub there ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ReverendRevelry
Joining in
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I used to be with TalkTalk for the past 10 years, you know the master socket that most houses have at the entrance? He was saying that's owned by BT, they can't do anything near it and then said he will do it in the lounge. I originally wanted it near the entrance but wasn't given the option to do so
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I think it might have been bs and the lounge was just a quicker/easier job for him..
Installers put the VM box on your outside wall in a convenient location where to attach the incoming cable but that can be moved about by several feet. From there they run an external cable and poke it through a hole they have drilled in your outside wall and then run the cable up to an internal wall mounted box near to where the cable comes in - but it can be several feet away.
It doesnt need to be anywhere close to any other box, BT's or anyones.
Am I missing something ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
ReverendRevelry
Joining in
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Damn, idk he just said VM ae not allowed to do anything near BT's stuff

Going to try call them tomorrow to see if they will send a engineer for free because of this

Thanks Jbren
0 Kudos
ReverendRevelry
Joining in
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I can't seem to get in touch with anyone lol, I been waiting for so long - any idea what's going on
0 Kudos
ReverendRevelry
Joining in
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Only the sales department that I first talked to when joining VM replies but useless 

0 Kudos
ReverendRevelry
Joining in
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Any updates on the area issue?
0 Kudos
ReverendRevelry
Joining in
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi, any updates?

I'm also trying to leave VM for the past 3 days but not getting through to anyone until today I got to someone from the cancellation team who said they will transfer me to the correct department

lol

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

If they are transferring you to another team it usually means sending you offshore cos the UK team has gone home or is snowed under. Try again between 8-10 am.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos