Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor speeds, poor help desk response

Hi all

Some help needed. Long time Virgin media user here. BNout of rubbish performance and drop outs over the past month compounded by the recent national failure.

Still playing up even though the national issue is allegedly sorted and my account dashboard says Green.

I waited for ages to get on the help line and when I connected the person at the other end ran a chek which said "performance issues, send an engineer".

I was then told to press the reset button "for a few seconds".  I checked "is that a factory reset?" and was told yes. I pressed for three seconds and lo and behold - soft reset.

I will try a factory reset out later but what annoyed me was that they expected me to have an engineer in the house in the middle of a jeffing pandemic to "run diagnostics" as the only option.

I asked for a replacement router and was told I would still need an engineer out "beause the system said so" and that a replacement router would not solve that. Given that the router and a wire is the only in house issue ands a replacement router would logically solve that how in the heck issending an engineer going to help apart from putting me and my family at risk of COVID?

If the ome and tinker with the box outside, fine. Not letting anyone in until this is over.

Any suggestions?

I am on the verge of cchucking Virgin in and going elsewhere. If I have to have an engineer in I'd rather it be to switch service to a provider that works.

Cheers

0 Kudos
tititj
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds, poor help desk response

You don't have to let engineer inside your home if you don't want to. Many times problem is connection outdoors but they have to come out and test it at the street cabinet and inside the box mounted on your property. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And if you don’t have the connections for “another service provider” they would also need to enter your property to set things up.

What exactly are the issues you’re experiencing?

A factory reset is a 60 second pinhole reset. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the only time they had to come in was when my last router was hosed and they had to replace the Hub2 with a Hub 3. SHe would not play ball on that.

0 Kudos