Menu
ChrisG51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor speed in other rooms

Getting 90mps using wi-do if I’m on top of the (superhub2) but only 10mps in others even when using a range extender. Would like a Hub3 but can’t get through to order one. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speed in other rooms

You could try ordering a new hub 3 using the following link.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
ChrisG51
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That looked good. Clicked on "Sign in to start your upgrade" button but I get a message "We are unable to change your package online".

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ChrisG51 wrote:

That looked good. Clicked on "Sign in to start your upgrade" button but I get a message "We are unable to change your package online".

In which case you’ll have to call them. 08:00 is the best time to do this.

that said, i wouldn’t hold out that much hope for an improvement in Wi-fi by upgrading your hub - all of VMs kit is pretty poor and this forum is littered with complaints about how bad it is.. you’re much better off making a one-off investment in your own Wi-fi equipment.. 

if you’re intent on a new hub though, either call it in or wait here for 7 - 14 days for a VM representative to respond

0 Kudos
ChrisG51
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tehwolf, Thats useful and honest, thank you. When you say "invest in your own wi-fi equipment", do you mean buying something like an Archer A7 AC1750 router and conecting it into the existing Superhub 2AC?

0 Kudos
ChrisG51
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I'm still getting "We are unable to change your package online". I'm told I need to invest in my own hardware as Hub 3 is unlikely to make much difference. Would something like an Archer A7 AC1750 router and conecting it into the existing Superhub 2AC improve things?

0 Kudos
Brava210
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

yes it would or even better to use a moderately priced MESH system

Put the Virgin Router into Modem mode

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Deco-S4-3-pack-Beamforming/dp/B07NH1J543/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&key... 

Virgin BB 200, Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
0 Kudos
ChrisG51
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I have just installed a 3 part TP-Link Deco E4 mesh system which I bought from AO.com for £109. I pay Virgin for the 100mps service which comes into a 1st floor bedroom. In that room I'm now getting 86mps on Wi-Fi. I've installed the other 2 in seperate room downstairs and am getting 61 and 58mps using Wi-Fi I'm happy with that and can probably improve it by moving them around.

So thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos