Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor internet speed

Are Virgin Media going to be refunding people for the poor internet service they are providing at the moment? I'm paying for a broadband speed of 350mb since yesterday evening I'm lucky if I get 40mb. Ps using a direct ethernet cable to my router which is 1m long and have reset my router several times. It's problem Virgin Media's side not my side.

It is all over the newspapers Virgin media are having major internet issues.  So start telling the truth stop showing on your service status that everything is fine, tell the truth and start coughing up the money.

We pay for a service if you can't provide it start telling the truth and start refunding people or in other words get your act together Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor internet speed

Posting some stats will help.

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hub admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

and how do I access the hub admin page to be able to post my Upstream Downstream logs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Go to 192.169.0.1 in a browser.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

First do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

If that’s all good.... Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos