cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor fibre speeds since installation

Huliogeordio82
Joining in

Had the service two months now, constantly drops to 5mbs or lower across all devices (laptops, pcs, tablets, phones, TVs etc). Really poor so far, constantly dropping during teams meetings and Netflix struggles to run above 360 and is always buffering. The self help just asks to reboot hub over and over again. Dross, need a solution

38 REPLIES 38

Client62
Legend

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Cheers are Netflix YouTube Microsoft office all throttled as I don't see near the router speed. Both my TVs are running 144-360 picture quality which is crap.

Any suggestions 

whats the realspeed results? that'll shed some light on issues.

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

How do I find that. Broadband speed test is flitting. Sometimes showing 250mb sometimes it's less than a meg.

Tried the link above and it says the router is grand and recieving 250mb

Screenshot_2023-05-30-00-09-29-654_com.android.chrome.jpg

netflix buffering and these are the speeds on my mobile.... Stumped but this is dreadful, we used to have Vodafone 11mbs and never had any issues like this

Still experiencing this issue. Zoom and teams calls dropping. What are next steps in resolving issue or how can I seek compensation 

Hi @Huliogeordio82 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the lower speeds. We've done a diagnostic and no issues are showing, all levels are in spec and no issues with SNR or congestion.

Please can you do a speedtest via Ethernet (laptop/PC) at http://speedtest.net for me with only that device connected to the internet? This'll give us an indication of the actual speeds you're receiving and we can go from there.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

1000031447.jpg

1000031449.jpg