Menu
354andy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor WiFi router speed

After a month of trying to get issues resolved I am left posting here 

wifi hub 3 gives speeds of only 50-75 if you stand next to it. Move in the next room and lucky to connect at all. 

I have a summer house and have run internet to it with a Ethernet cable and using a Net Gear router. Result is wi fi speeds of 400-500. 

therefore signal to my house is fine but Hub 3 not working correctly. You would have thought it would be easy to request a replacement as it is owned by Virgin and only loaned. 

no option of emailing, 2 days holding on the phone an hour plus at a time and eventually get through. Lady does tests and says she will ring back. I confirmed she would ring my virgin house line and she agreed 

an hour later my mobile rings, only one ring but hangs up from the virgin number. Nothing heard since and no emails received. Been hanging on phone now another 45 minutes and still no answer. 

all I want is a replacement hub as is clearly defective. Customer service is terrible and quite frankly sick of it, paying over £100 a month and Virgin clearly do not care. Think I am perfectly within my rights to cancel the lot and go to Sky. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor WiFi router speed

You know how to fix it so do the same again inside the house.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
354andy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I will have to, although pay enough for a service, you would have thought not to much trouble to send replacement!! 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM do not, and never have guaranteed Wi-Fi speed or coverage.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hub wifi is notoriously poor. Put it in modem mode and use your router (or buy a better one or a Mesh) in the house connected to the Hub - and connect a cheaper wireless access point on the ethernet cable in the summer house.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos