cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Upload Speed

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Had a issue on my 1 gig service which internet would just go off for no reason, only way to fix this would be turn off hub 4 at mains wait 1 minute and turn it back on.

This has been happening daily, anyway engineer came out said signals needed sorting as they was at -3 5 after changing something in the house internal white casing and changing the splitter to a new one the signals was around 7.

Anyway did a speedtest and now they was a issue with upload speed at 0.23 kbps both on wired and WiFi.

Engineer said their is nothing wrong with the signals however what ever he altered has not caused issues with the upload speed.

He decided to do a pin hole reset and set to factory setting the hub 4, and upload speed was back up to 49 to 50 meg.

Anyway 30 minutes later it's back down to 0.24 abd even 0.00 on some tests then goes back up to 49 meg and fluctuating all the time and very unstable.

In sure the upload before he altered things was 4 channels at 64 QAM it's now 4 channels on 16 QAM.

Customer service cannot get hold of the engineer to come back and now waiting for area manager as whatever has been altered has caused other issues.

81 REPLIES 81

Good Morning @TAZMANUK, do you have any further updates for us on the status of the connection?

Are you currently experiencing drops in the connection on a wired connection?

Have you possibly considered setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor to keep tabs on the connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

No issues with speed just these high pre rs errors on channel 3 and from time to time get the timeout errors on upstream that's only cured by a reboot of the hub 4.

Ill ask again why so many pre rs errors on channel 3 that can exceed to over 700 to 800 also why is upload on outdated 16 QAM and not 32 QAM or 64 QAM any reason behind this configuration

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

These pre rs errors on channel 3 are now over 1000 highest they have been

Screenshot_20220315_195123_com.android.chrome.png

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Ever since engineer changed something in cabinet I'm getting these pre rs errors, is my area suffering from high utilisation by any chance can you check this.

As I need these pre rs errors sorting please

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TAZMANUK

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, are you still experiencing dropouts since your last post? How has your connection been?

We can get this looked into for you if the issue is still ongoing, please provide me with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Please read your pm

Hi TAZMANUK,

Doesn't look like there is a private message to Travis, if you can please do this again it can be picked up.

Alex_Rm

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

One was sent to someone else and arranged a engineer who changed splitter out on external box and also internal white box also new pull through wire from external box into white box, new 3 meter cable from white box to under my TV stand with a 2 way splitter with made up cable to hub 4 and V6 box.

Signals all ok however hasn't fixed the pre rs errors on channel 3 that increase so unsure what can be done to fix the pre rs errors on channel 3.

Hi TAZMANUK,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I can see that there was a known outage in your area, which was reported as fixed on Sunday evening. It's possible that the errors have accumulated due to the fault. Now that it's been resolved, can you please reboot your hub and check to see if more errors occur?

Many thanks

Beth

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hi hub was rebooted and I've been told my modem has checked and their is a issue with the entire streets modems with pre rs orders and require a tech visit to the cabinet