Menu
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Poor Speed

Im on 200mb speed and atm im getting only 30-70mb.  Ive spoken to my friend who lives over the road from me and other neighbours who are also on virgin and all of them are getting there max speeds.

Ive reset my router and PC but nothing and its still the same.  Paying £61 per month and the last few weeks my net as been terrible.

Been with Virgin for over 20 years now and what loyalty to we get.  Sod all only the new custermers do.  Way to go Virgin.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Speed

Is your PC by wire?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeh im wired.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is the Ethernet cable cat 5e or better and is your PC's network card 1Gbps or better? Also it testing done with a direct connection from PC to router, any home plugs, network switches etc involved?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yup nothing wrong with my cables or my PC as ive been on over 200mb for ages but the last 4 days now no more then 80mb but everyone else i know are all getting max speed.

0 Kudos
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So still not heard anything back from Virgin at all to why im getting really crappy speeds.  All week this as gone on and for £61 per month i expect better especially seeing as everyone else i know are all getting there full speeds in the same area and im getting max 80mb down but my upload is fine at 20mb.  Defo doing this to me on purpase and capping my speed.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you please upload your router stats and set up a BQM

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

Do NOT log in, just click “Check Router Status” at the bottom of the page. Sometimes the “Check Router Status” is missing, in this case just go ahead and log in and go to Advanced Settings-> Tools-> Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again.

You can use more than one post for each item if needed!

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

Also can you please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com. Just click on Create a new monitor.

Under your graph you just created Click (Share Live Graph)

Copy the text in the “Direct Link” box and paste it on here

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Ghastous So still not heard anything back from Virgin at all to why im getting really crappy speeds. 

We sympathise, but this is a "community" forum, where first response will be from other customers who've got the time and inclination to assist, with forum staff around to provide company input where needed.  The forum isn't either a real time chat function, nor first line response, and for that the company provides telephone support.  In my experience I'd rather have dental work done than deal with VM's shoddy telephone support, so I'd recommend persevering with the forum, but it is an option for a faster response.

Seems you're getting good advice from @conman33158 and others, and if you follow the advice you're getting to provide more data then we stand a good chance of finding out what;'s going on with your connection, and the forum staff can then pick it up and if need be arrange a technician.

Your choice: Work with the forum to get this resolved or phone VM's North Korean customer service centre. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gastous,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your first post.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having a lot of trouble with your broadband recently. I've been able to locate your account and can see that there are some signal issues which will require an engineer's visit to resolve. 

I've gone ahead and booked in the next available slot for you - to view the appointment time, please sign into your My Virgin Media account. If you have any trouble viewing the time slot online, let me know and I'll pop you over a message confirming it for you.

Keep us posted with how things go after the visit and if there's anything else you need, just give us a shout.

Beth

0 Kudos
Ghastous
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i understand what you are saying but when you are getting told by virgin to post it on the forums and someone will reply i think about it different but anyhow since i called and complained all of a sudden my speed as suddenly gone back to its supposed speed again.  Like i wasnt get capped at all lol.  So no loss in signal at all cos the ppl i know that live around here are fine it was me just getting capped lol

0 Kudos