Menu
mariajoao
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor Broadband Speed

Anyone else having problems with @virginmedia broadband in the Bromley area? I’ve been WFH since March 2020 with no issues. In the last 3 weeks it’s been terrible. Can’t get through a video call without losing connectivity and it triggers my house alarm multiple times throughout the day as it loses connection. An engineer came out to me this morning and was really good, but unfortunately was unable to resolve the issue. He gave me a few tips about pausing devices not in use to avoid any unnecessary noise, but this has had no impact. He seemed to suggest that it was a capacity issue with more people WFH and kids at home too. It makes sense that the network is overloaded, but why should I pay for a service that I’m not getting? I’m averaging 35Mbps between core hours, but paying for M200. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Broadband Speed

Hi mariajoao

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply and indeed the broadband issues.

I've checked the system today and there are no issues showing and all the levels are in spec. 

I do hope that everything is resolved for you. If not, could you advise further, is this affecting multiple devices? Also could you set up a free BQM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos