Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Please Help!

We have since Friday spent an hour twice on hold only to be disconnected by telephone, from 15:50 until 11pm yesterday on a web chat waiting for help and again today all day in the web chat again with no assistance. We have issues with all connected to the internet since last week, a ping test was performed and shows download 3.05 and upload 13.68. Obviously not the 200 we are paying for! And no assistance from VM except to say reset the hub which has been done 4 times with no changes at all. Can anyone please help as i am about to unplug the lot and ship it back to VM and cancel the direct debit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please Help!

If you cancel the direct debit it will be recorded as default under a credit agreement, and spoil your credit history, remaining visible for the next six years to anybody supplying you with a service (ISPs, mobile, energy, water, boiler service), any provider of credit (mortgage, instalment insurance, credit cards, car loans etc) and sundry others who might check your credit history, which can include large employers and landlords or letting agents.  And VM will chase you for any declined DD payments, plus late payment charges, and ultimately they'll farm it out to debt collectors.

My advice, don't cancel the DD.  VM customer service is unjustifiably poor, but don't get yourself in a pickle just because you're angry.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos