cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasantly Surprised

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's face it, VM are hardly known for their great customer service. However, I had a really brilliant experience today, which has made me look at VM in a different light.

Been a customer for 4 years and today for the first time ever, had an issue with speed - Ethernet and Wi-Fi speeds dropped to around 5mb (I'm on Gig1).

Did some restarts and a hard reset, but the issue persisted. Called customer service and connected to a brilliant adviser.

Firstly, there was none of the usual scripted responses and 'have you turned the Hub off and on' questions. He took my word that I had already carried out some troubleshooting and got straight to resolving the issue. Within minutes, everything was back to normal.

Secondly, he offered me a second Wi-Fi Pod. I was involved with the initial trial, so already have one. However, the system wouldn't allow him to add it. He said he'd add the Pod after the call.

I didn't take much notice at first, because VM are well known for (1) fobbing-off customers, (2) saying anything to get you off the phone, and (3) not doing what they say. So, I finished the call and to my surprise, a few hours later I received an email saying my package had been amended and the Pod had been added. I was in utter shock!

Can someone for the Forum team pick this up and locate the adviser? I didn't catch his name, but he is the perfect example of what customer service should be. He genuinely cared about the issues I was having and kept his promise. We as customers know how valuable, yet rare, this can be.

This adviser should be training every VM adviser in the call centre, because the was BRILLIANT! Let's hope this is a sign of things to come...

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Anonymous,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We really appreciate your lovely feedback regarding the agent who was able to assist you with your speed issues.

We would love to give your feedback to this agent, I am going to pop you over a private message to take some account details from you so we can do this on your behalf.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.