Menu
EmmEssKay
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pitiful Service

We’ve had Virgin for quite a while now and feel it’s a very poor service. We pay for a 500Mb package and are lucky if we get 40Mb. We posted a complaint and they said we needed an engineer, we then had a text saying problem solved no engineer needed followed by another text saying you need an engineer and we’ll be in touch then..... nothing until we get a letter 2 weeks later saying problem solved. We finally got hold of someone and eventually they conceded we need an engineer and one will be here tomorrow, I’m not holding my breath. This morning the router has crashed again and as we are working from home we are stuffed and have been waiting for an hour for the service to come back up. Virgin promise you the world and charge you for it but the service delivered isn’t worth a carrot! I am self employed working from home so this is costing me money, I can’t wait for the end of the contract term so maybe then we can get a service more in line with what we pay for.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pitiful Service

start with a bit more info - how are you testing the speed - wired or wifi - always test wired and make sure the pc/laptop has a 1gigabit network card and you are using a cat5e or better lan cable 

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi EmmEssKay

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the broadband issues and fully appreciate the inconvienience this would cause.

I've not been able to locate your account from the forum details provided. How did the technician visit go? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
EmmEssKay
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

The engineer was very helpful and identified a couple of things that seemed to perk things up. When we switched on the pc this morning the download speed was back down below 20Mb. We have switched off most of the WiFi items in the house and we are now getting an eye watering 19Mb, it's probably slower than it ever was!!!Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do as Tony asked in message 2.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Sorry for the delayed reply,

Are you able to post your stats so we can assist further?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos