Menu
sam6555
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Permanent red power light, and slow upload.

Hi.

I've had a permanent red power light on my hub 3 since the big heat wave earlier this year. It's in a cool place so it's not still in a hot area. Not sure what should be done about that, whether or not I need a new hub, or if it's still fine.

Past couple days I have noticed slower page loading than normal, and pasting images from my clipboard into discord has been awful, most of the time it fails. The VM help pages are as helpful as ever. Telling me to check my connections, but then has no further help. I did a speed test and my download is fine at 110, but my upload is down at around 0.1-0.2.

I have done a couple restarts of the router as well as holding the reset button for 50 secs to no avail.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permanent red power light, and slow upload.

It is a warning that the hub is overheating. Even if the warning is false the hub should be replaced for safety reasons.

If the hub appears to be hot to the touch then disconnect it & do not use it.

I have escalated this to the Staff Forum Team to deal with.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Sam6555 and welcome to our community.

We can see the temperature of the Hub isn't showing too high but there's some downstream power level errors so I've booked you the soonest available appointment using the forum information. Please check the appointment information on your online account and reschedule if needed.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
sam6555
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily.

I received a text earlier saying how an engineer is booked for between 4-7pm tomorrow. However I don't finish work till 5, so I'd need to change up the time. However I don't see any kind of appointment booking on my account, if I'm even on the correct page. I used this link: https://my.virginmedia.com/trackorder/my-orders.html, which I was referred to after a page about rescheduling an engineer, but it tells me how nothing is there.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @sam6555

Sorry that you've had some issues rescheduling via your online account - you should be able to do this here (it's not an order so can't be tracked on the previous link you provided - sorry about that) 

However, as the slot was for this afternoon, I have manually changed that today for you - this should update on your online account within the next hour or so for you to check and confirm or reschedule if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos