Menu
stuiesav
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Performace issues and drop outs.

Hi I am constantly getting performance issues / total drop outs / inabiltiy to ping the outside world .....

When looking at the logs I am seeinng the following "critical" messages as a regular occurance (shown below) - any views / thoughts here would be massively appreciated

Thanks all,

Stu

08/04/2021 18:53:49Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/04/2021 18:53:45criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/04/2021 18:53:44Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/04/2021 18:53:44criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/04/2021 18:53:34Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/04/2021 09:28:45noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Performace issues and drop outs.

Can you please upload your router stats and set up a BQM

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

DO NOT LOG IN, just click “Check Router Status” at the bottom of the page. Sometimes the “Check Router Status” is missing, in this case just go ahead and log in and go to Advanced Settings-> Tools-> Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again.

You can use more than one post for each item if needed!

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

Also can you please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com. Just click on Create a new monitor.

Under your graph you just created Click (Share Live Graph)

Copy the text in the “Direct Link” box and paste it on here

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Performace issues and drop outs.

Hi @stuiesav,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've checked the system today and no issues are showing all the levels are in spec and no area outages. 

I've therefore run a fault diagnostic on the system for you and it's asking me to get you to check that the coax cables is connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket.

Please let me know how you get on or if checking it has made any difference at all, then we can go from there 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos