Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Paying for top speed but on lesser package

Hello,

I've just realised I'm paying £54.24 for M200 fibre package, but a speedier version is in the offer pages for new users  (M350) at £52 a month or the same package as mine is £47 a month to them, that is fixed prices not introduction deals, so the prices stay as that.

How do I get faster speed package or at very least reduction in price?, I've already been checking out other broadband company deals after the amateurish way the data breach happened, so I especially don't like this non loyalty to long time customers.

Thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Paying for top speed but on lesser package

new user deals are just that - they are to attract 'new users' we all had one when we jointed - they are discounted or even loss leaders - after the 1st year you/we pay the full price as the initial discount is done

you can ring retentions and see whats on offer - they usually find something to tempt you especially is you are out of contract - any new deal starts a new contract

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

And when you were a new customer you would have gotten a cheaper deal than existing customers at the time.

Swings and roundabouts. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response -tony-

In the current broadband set ups, it doesn't say that the prices will go up after the one year contract, so if i was a new user I would expect it to stay at those prices, I know for previous offers it has stated a reduced price for the first 3 months or whatever.  It does say '*Prices may change at any point during the contract.' though for those current new user prices.

I will call that retentions number, I know can get broadband much cheaper deals elsewhere, but just not as fast as virgin speed.  Not sure if others would put customer data on non secure server and forget about it for months/years either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

they dont shout about the price increase after the 12 month contract but its shown in your initial contract and will also be shown if you log into your online account

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@ gary-dexter

No it's neither swings and roundabouts, but a slide with my payment at the top.

I didn't get extra when I signed up, I placed order with the phone advisor when broadband was in its infancy, only upgrading to newer speeds/routers etc online.  I've seen deals since that gave new users better price for short time as stated in the sign up description.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Yup. That’s how a business works.

You can always leave. And come back in a years time as a new customer. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

all packages show the price after the new customer discount.
Its also on every bill you get and in your contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@ apcbearax

Yes but current new prices on broadband page show nothing saying there is a temp discount and nothing either to show what price reverts to after discount. I'm sure when I've seen discounts before they have stated something like £xx for first 3-4 months then £xx thereafter.

The prices as they are shown would suggest they remain at those prices upto and after the contract expires, as they say nothing to show otherwise. The little text addition to say that prices may change during contract will be to account for if they up the prices by a couple of pounds for everyone like they do sometimes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

correct so it looks like currently there are no new customer discounts.

Guess this is what happens when Ofcom try and make things better 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks