Menu
nalfylatino
Tuning in
Message 1 of 1
Flag for a moderator

Paying for Gig1 Fibre Broadband but getting less than 50% advertised speeds

I seem to be having some issues in regards to the speeds I am meant to be getting on the top broadband package. Truth be told the reason I chose this package to begin with is because I have a gamer child, a wife that constantly streams HD content on her tablet and a smaller child that watches Youtube videos. I have a gaming PC/Playstation and do use the online services to game, browse and download digital games. However, the speeds have been horrendous for about a month or so. On the download side, I should be getting at least 80-100mbps but I am only getting around 15-40mbps on average now. Last night I was only getting around 20mbps whilst downloading a game (none of my family were even online or using the WIFI). I don't know if I am getting throttled or not but I am paying for the privilege of having a top package, so I should be getting top service.

I would like to note that I do not use WIFI like the rest of my family. Both my console and PC are connected to the router/hub via ethernet cables. I have tried several times rebooting the hub, I have tried disconnecting all WIFI connections and just leaving the ethernet connection to my computer. I seem to be getting even faster speeds via my phones 5G connection!

I hope someone can help me. 

0 Kudos