Since i installed HUB 4.0 my download speed has dropped down to 8Mbps, on HUB 3.0 it was consistent 350 + Mbps. I have ran through the diagnostics on the website and with a chap on the phone who sort of had no idea what was going on. Nothing was solved, after reset i receive 350Mbps for the first ten minutes then it drops back down to anything between 8 - 20 Mbps. Any help would be appreciated as it has been nearly two weeks of me being ripped of by Virgin again. Maybe my next bill should be £1.20 instead of the £45 you will take? but i'm sure that's a problem you would resolve fairly quick. After the phone call yesterday with your employee who sounded like he was in a bunker 5000 miles away told me these results are "perfectly fine" i nearly lost hope but today is a new day and i have faith someone can actually help me get what i pay for.
Hub 4 knowledge is in very short supply here, so I can't comment, but I've flagged your post for the forum staff since they'd need to be involved getting this fixed. Luckily they're helpful and UK based, rather than unhelpful and 5,000 mile distant bunker-based.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks
I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment with the speed after upgrading to the Hub 4. If you can follow the above advise and post your logs here that will help us. In the meantime I've had a look at your details and cannot find any issues with it and can confirm that everything is well within range. I've looked at your speed test and have ran one myself also to check the speeds and I get 222.63 Mbps download and upload 36.33 Mbps. I've checked for utilisation and other network type errors such as FEC errors but everything looks fine.
Can I ask what your connection is and what devices you're using? If you can disable the WiFi network and have no other devices using the wired connection and perform more speedtest on Samknows at several times of the day and post the results here it will help too.
Thanks burckett. I've had a look at your speed test results and can see several test over 200Mbps but I can also see the odd very slow results such as the one you posted. They do seem erratic and at odd times. I've gone over the details again and there is something popping up that was minor yesterday but showing it's worse now. It's a type of unfixed error on the network which may need to be checked out as it's gone bigger than when I looked yesterday and it may explain your speed issue.
As it looks like it's on the network, I've had another at the network and there may be some utilisation issues that may or may not be related to the error but I've sent a form off to our Networks Team to take a look. If they find something, they may raise a local area fault which we may see in 48 hours but if there's nothing, then we'll need to look further as to what else may be the issue.