cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 250, getting about 70

beb999
Joining in

Have Hub 3.0 in modem mode, running into own networking equipment. Never had issue with own networking equipment as with old property, hitting 200mbps easily.

Have reset hub and still no improvement. No help from CS at all. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @beb999 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your service speeds. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm do you have these issues with both wired and wireless devices? Also, do you get these speeds when running the hub in router mode?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speed does this site show?

www.samknows.com/realspeed   You will need the Hub to be in Router mode to test this, as the inbuilt Samknows client only works in Router Mode.

Also check the cables have not downgraded to 10/100.  Best to use a known good Cat 6 cable for testing.  VM only guarantee Wifi speeds up to 30Mb. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Getting the following. However, still only getting 93 with CAT6 cable straight to router

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 18.36.10.png

Both wired and wireless, router mode is slight improvement but need to use modem mode

Client62
Legend

The "Device desktop" looks limited by 100Mb/s link.

Perhaps a 10/100 switch or Powerline adaptors or is the NIC of the computer set to 100 Full Duplex ?