Menu
Agladdin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 200mbp... getting 90-110mbps

So ive been noticing issues with my internet this past week. Havent took much notice until tonight.

13gb update for a game on my xbox. Would usually take 30mins max. Over 2 hours later and its just hitting 93%. Speed on my xbox was measuring in kbps at some points.

So why am i paying £65 a month for the best internet available and not seeing the results???

I ran 3 speed tests. 1st =94mbps .. 2nd = 104mbps... and 3rd= 108mbps... thats half of what i pay for. So are you going to half my bill virgin???

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 200mbp... getting 90-110mbps

Its normal for xbox to be slow, its not Virgins fault that Xbox servers are busy.

How are you testing your speed to get 94? What device are you using and is it wired to the hub?

0 Kudos
Rawcous
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 200mbp... getting 90-110mbps

Hello,

As per the previous responder are you hard-wired? If you are hard wired into a switch or directly into your router what colour are the corresponding lights. Typically if the lights are Orange then normally this means your connection to the switch is 100 Mbps whereas green lights typically mens the connection is operating at 1 Gbps (check your manual for confirmation) - if you have a Gigabit device but are receiving a 100 Mbps status then try restarting that device (I had the same issue myself a few weeks ago and the good old "on & off" resolved it for me). Equally I have had a Gigabit switch that developed a fault and would only give me a 100 Mbps conenction. A faulty ethernet / LAN cable could also be responsible (if hard wired aim for Cat 6)

Regardless of a wired / wireless connection you could always try a manual restart of your device anyway.

Good luck.

Regards

Proud owner of self-hosted:

Domain Mail & Web Server (Sendmail / Dovecot & Apache) - CentOS 6.10
Domain FTP & VPN Server (PureFTP & OpenVPN) - CentOS 6.10

I despise what I have become - I have become what I despise! - Rawcous - Circa. 2014
0 Kudos