Menu
Anon995
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 1GB but getting 850mbs

Hi,

I am getting max 850mbps into the house but paying Virgin for 1GB+.  It's impossible to speak to a human at Virgin to discuss this so can someone help me to fix please?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 1GB but getting 850mbs

@Anon995 wrote:

Hi,

I am getting max 850mbps into the house but paying Virgin for 1GB+.  It's impossible to speak to a human at Virgin to discuss this so can someone help me to fix please?

It could be a limitation of your device.

1Gbps ethernet adapters are only capable of a maximum of 940Mbps in real world.

What does this site return?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/ 

0 Kudos
Anon995
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I am using the hub 4.0 in modem mode only (it's WiFi coverage was so bad).  I am using a Google mesh network and diagnostic is telling me 850mbps is the speed it's recieving into the router. I trust this as before I had 350mbps and the diagnostic was accurately telling me I was getting 356mpbs into the router.

Samknows does not work for Google wifi mesh router.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Anon995 wrote:

Hi - I am using the hub 4.0 in modem mode only (it's WiFi coverage was so bad).  I am using a Google mesh network and diagnostic is telling me 850mbps is the speed it's recieving into the router. I trust this as before I had 350mbps and the diagnostic was accurately telling me I was getting 356mpbs into the router.

Samknows does not work for Google wifi mesh router.

You can post the HUB stats by accessing the HUB on http://192.168.100.1 and navigating to 'Advanced Settings / Tools / Network Status', however VM will require you to put the HUB in router mode and use SamKnows to determine the speed to the HUB itself, not via third party kit.

0 Kudos