Menu
Nayyer
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Pay for 350M receiving 50mb

Hi All,

I am getting 5Mbps, 50mbps, 110mbps on a supposed 350M connection. Its fluctuating a lot never the same. Engineer came around, replaced internal cables, new hub, checked cabinet etc. Conclusion - drop cable dodgy. Apparently supposed to be fixed within 2 days - but this has not happened. What am I supposed to do now?joined on 24 August 2020 problem from the first day.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay for 350M receiving 50mb

Wait for one of the Forum team to get to your post

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nayyer, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your speeds you're receiving and the work required to resolve it has not yet been carried out. I would like to take a closer look into this for you. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Nayyer
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have answered you PM. 

i raised a complaint and yesterday it was closed without resolving it. I am facing this problem from 24 august 2020. From 1st day i am having this problem the new date to put the cable is 24 September 2020. Wow whole month to resolve an issue 

0 Kudos
Nayyer
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Now after changing the drop cable today it is not fluctuating but remains near 167mb to 220mb
Even with adsl cable is giving me 179mb checked several times. 
what should i do. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Nayyer wrote:

Now after changing the drop cable today it is not fluctuating but remains near 167mb to 220mb
Even with adsl cable is giving me 179mb checked several times. 
what should i do. 

On a wired or wireless device?

0 Kudos
Nayyer
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wired is 179mb

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Nayyer wrote:

Wired is 179mb

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message).

We can have a look for any oddities in the stats.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some more troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Nayyer
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Status.PNGupstream.PNGdownload.PNGnetwork log.PNG

0 Kudos