Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pathetic speed and service - Using Covid as an excuse!

Signed up with VM in late July on a 200 broadband service (107 guaranteed speed).  For the first two weeks (during the cooling off period) the speed was great.  Early August we started experiencing issues with drop outs and when we did have internet the speed was way below the guaranteed 107.  We contacted VM.  Initially they tried to blame our equipment.  Then they sent a technician who was useless.  Finally we were escalated to a Level 2 technical area.  End of September they sent another technician, who obviously knew what he was doing.  He diagnosed almost immediately there is a problem with the cable outside (nothing at all to do with our equipment!).  VM arranged an appointment to have a reinstall on 4 November (over a month later) between 8am and 12noon.  No one showed.  Phoned at 3.45pm and were told the technician was delayed.  No one showed.  Phoned the call centre the following day and after an hour on the phone, spoke with an extremely rude gentleman who did not have a good grasp of the English language and insisted VM had attended on Friday.  So why do we still have problems?  VM have now arranged another appointment for 18 November but we are not holding our breath.  And of course they continue to take money out each month.  We have contacted CISAS who have notified today that VM have 10 days to settle the matter or they will take action.  If you're reading moderators please contact me to ESCALATE this matter to a solution IMMEDIATELY!  Don't bother contacting me if you do not have authority to do that.  Our complaint and compensation request with CISAS will continue!  We will also contact Trading Standards as we have screenshots that you are not providing what you supposedly guarantee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pathetic speed and service - Using Covid as an excuse!

Which Hub do you have ?

………………………………………………………………………..

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Arris Super Hub

When I refer to speed, it is always using a direct connection not wifi (we are a tech savvy family)  Sometimes we don't even register a speed but when we do usually log a range between 1 and 31 download and 1 and 10 upload.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

vm-hubs

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pardon my impertinence but who are you?

I am reluctant to provide any links etc to our router, except to VM, who by your signature you do not appear to be!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@FrustratedVMCus wrote:

Pardon my impertinence but who are you?

I am reluctant to provide any links etc to our router, except to VM, who by your signature you do not appear to be!

As you have correctly deduced I am not Virgin Media Staff.

You must realise that this is a community forum not a shortcut to Virgin Media Customer Services.

I can assure you that none of the information that I have asked for contains any personal information or anything that is traceable back to you.

If you don't want to provide the information that is up to you.

To contact VM you can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your time, I appreciate your assistance

0 Kudos