Menu
freeby
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Past two weeks daily average 90Mbps on 500Mbps package

I have my router in modem modem, using an Asus AC3200. I am using a wired connection to run the speed test.

I have called technical support today but they are unable to help me unless I put the hub back to normal mode. I realise I would need to post more detailed results in order for any advice you guys could give me. Is it possible for you to tell me how to do this please. This is todays basic result.

PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Past two weeks daily average 90Mbps on 500Mbps package

What speed do you get wired direct to the hub and not via the ASUS router?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
freeby
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did try that but nothing happened, so I guess I  would need to take the hub out of modem mode. As I am the stupid one in the family 🙉 I will ask my son to help me later. Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need to power the hub off, unplug the router, connect your laptop then power the hub on and speed test.

Then do the reverse to put the router back on. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
freeby
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary,

We done what you suggested and the speed was 90Mbps so we put the Hub back into its original state and called Virgin who have said they will need to send an engineer out. I will post back after he has been. Thanks again...  

0 Kudos
freeby
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came out today and adjuster the power levels and replaced all of the connections. The speed is about 350, but he said leave it a week as it should improve.😀...... Spoke to soon, its back down to 100, I suppose i will have to give it a week like he said😒...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

“Give it a week to improve” is code for “I’m late for lunch/dinner”. 

Are those speeds wired direct to the hub again?

0 Kudos