Menu
Mike197666
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Painful wifi

Me and my Partner moved into our new home in August, Virgin sent out the new router and we were promised 100mb plus and at best we get 30mb if we are in the same room as the router! We get 12mb upstairs. We have moved the router and endless calls and turning it off and back on again and nothing I repeat nothing works! It's clear virgin are not upholding their contract to provide decent broadband speeds. To say I'm angry is an understatement why are we paying all this money for poor service! 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Painful wifi

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
RS23
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have had the same issue for months.  our speed is pathetic and we are constantly disconnected.  We are supposed to to get minimum 54mbps download speed guaranteed and are lucky if we get to 40.  I have to wait forever to speak to anyone and cannot wait in front of my computer all day.  Virgin can claim whatever they like about their speed versus other providers but it is utter nonsense.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@RS23 wrote:

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Mike197666
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the ethernet is absolutely fine did a speed test through the xbox and its over 100mb but the WiFi is so irritating and slow to the point we can't even watch a YouTube video unless it's mobile data! 6 months of this

0 Kudos
RS23
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am not looking for help from you or anyone else. I was just acknowledging that I feel your pain and I have experienced the same problems.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@RS23 wrote:

I am not looking for help from you or anyone else. I was just acknowledging that I feel your pain and I have experienced the same problems.

So you don't want help, yet you are moaning you have an issue?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

@RS23 wrote:

So you don't want help, yet you are moaning you have an issue?

And have come onto a help forum and the initial post is to add to someone else's to acknowledge their pain.

Weird.

0 Kudos