Menu
Jmaeshaynes1924
Just browsing
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Paid for one gig getting 30 MB per second max

Basically five days ago I installed my new Virgin media hub for one gig Internet just bought virgin media I’ve installed it all correctly how they’ve said and I am getting anywhere between one and 30 MB per second at any time but 50 MB upload the second I have tried to contact virgin media over the phone and I was on call for almost 3 hours with no one answering and considering I am currently working I can’t stay on the call for that long at all the time is there any solution or any reason why I’m not getting what I’m paying for I tried contacting on the Twitter and they told me to post on here

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paid for one gig getting 30 MB per second max

What speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Jmaeshaynes1924
Just browsing
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I get 1064 and it’s connected through ethernet as well

0 Kudos
Jmaeshaynes1924
Just browsing
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I get about 100 more megabytes per second on Wi-Fi compare to ethernet

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

sounds like a device limit. Is the ethernet device connecting at a gigabit or 10/100
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So you are getting the correct speed to the Hub, what speed do you get from Hub to PC ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Jmaeshaynes1924
Just browsing
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It’s a gigabit port I’ve tried multiple of them I have different cards

0 Kudos
Jmaeshaynes1924
Just browsing
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well I don’t know because it keeps fluctuating no matter what device I’m on I’m never getting above 100 to 200 on Wi-Fi but on ethernet I’m never going above 30 at times

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Gigabit cards can connect at 10/100 as well as 1000.

Go into the Network settings and look at the connect speed for the NIC.

0 Kudos
Jmaeshaynes1924
Just browsing
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Rn it’s 78

0 Kudos