cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and poor online game performance

zandy500
Joining in

Hi

I'm on a virgin M200 fibre contract.  In the last 2-3 weeks I've been having real issues with my connection becoming unplayable from an online gaming perspective.  I've got my PS5 wired connection to the Hub and never previously had problems but recently im getting awful packet loss and really low upload speeds despite reasonabvle download speeds and ping. There have been issues with websites etc over wireless too but less noticeable.

I've run the service checker and there arent issues in my postcode.  On further test is did say there was an issue, engineer aware and to "check back" but now it is saying there arent any issues.

I've run a packet loss checker and at times its losing 25% of upload packages.

Its making online games unplayable and I'd appreciate some help.

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good afternoon @zandy500 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear of the broadband issues and the impact it's had on you as a gamer. I feel your pain there.

I have done a system diagnostic and can confirm that we're aware of an SNR issue in your area (signal to noise ratio). F010864030 is the fault reference. This is the cause of the issues you've raised on this post.

The estimated fix date is the 17th August but I am hoping it's fixed sooner.

Please do monitor the connection after this date and we can assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill