forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
KilllerMike344
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss and Random Disconnect

Hi all,

Wondering if I can get some second opinions on this. 

My connection is 200mps and for the most part the speeds are consistent enough, my issue is that every few days I completely lose internet for anywhere from 10mins-1hr. 

This has been ongoing for months and is highly frustrating as I play a lot of games online/work from home when this happens. I setup a network monitor: My BQM

This captured my most recent loss of internet. around 10-11pm on 14/01/2021.

This is on a wired connection from my PC. I also notice the packet loss in the graph is consistently around 10%, is this expected behaviour from the monitor?

I've noticed when playing online games periods of unexplained packet /latency in game for a few minutes then stable then unstable and it just fluctuates. 

Nothing has changed in terms of hardware in my setup, I am using a hub 3.0. I have done resets of the router to try and aid when I completely lose connection but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Its like I lose connection then just have to wait until it is picked up again.

Looking for any thoughts or opinions on this, all welcome.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss and Random Disconnect

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

While the Hub is powered off go around all the accessible co-ax connectors inside and outside to ensure that they are finger tight by slackening off and then retightening.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then check your BQM again in about an hour or so.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos