cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss - Fluctuating speeds. Dropping from calls.

LawrenceRoad
Joining in

HI,

Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that my internet has been playing up again (this happened last year also). I set up a BQM. Note the last couple of days below:

Wednesday 02 August 2023

LawrenceRoad_0-1691418280489.png

Thursday 03 August 2023

LawrenceRoad_1-1691418280517.png

Friday 04 August 2023

LawrenceRoad_2-1691418280520.png

Today (07 August 2023)

LawrenceRoad_3-1691418280496.png

Do you know if there are issues in my area please? I keep dropping from very important calls and it is very embarrassing.

My speed ranges from 200Mbps (which I pay for that I very rarely get) down to less than 1mbps. I also often lose upload (I'm on calls and I can hear my colleagues / clients but they cannot hear me).

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey LawrenceRoad,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment, I have looked into this and can see that there is an SNR outage in your area at the moment, that has a current estimated fix time of 9am on Monday 14th August.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Client62
Legend

The SNR fault should be monitored as a local fault via : 0800 561 0061 - keep tabs on the fix date in case there is a snag and it slips.

In the Hub tabs for Downstream and Upstream the effect of the SNR issue may be visible as reduced SNR and or racking up errors on downstream channels. On upstream channels log for high transmission levels, degraded modulation rates or even missing channels.

BQM at a glance looks impressive, but reveals diddly squat about where or why any events occurred.

LawrenceRoad
Joining in

Hello,

Quick udpdate; still no change.

Today was very embarassing due to my upload speed being under 0.01MB (whilst trying to provide a client with a presentation). The screen wasn't sharing correctly and the audio was poor.

In the end, I had to tether my laptop to my personal phone via 5g.

Monday 14 August 2023

LawrenceRoad_0-1692103319073.png

Tuesday 15 August 2023

LawrenceRoad_1-1692103332724.png

Can someone from Virgin Media pelase contact me?

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LawrenceRoad,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issues! I've taken a look at our systems and I can confirm that the local outage is now showing as resolved. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still experiencing some issues with your connection! Can you tell me if your Virgin Media Hub is connected to a third party router at all? 

I'm having some trouble seeing all of your data on our side, and to ensure that we're seeing and can catch our any anomalies or issues, please ensure that your Hub is in Router Mode for at least 24 hours, so that we can investigate further and assist. 

Let us know so that we can help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Legend

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

Do share the results of a full test.

Apologies, updating with screenshots (they didn't even upload!)

====

Hello,

Quick udpdate; still no change.

Today was very embarassing due to my upload speed being under 0.01MB (whilst trying to provide a client with a presentation). The screen wasn't sharing correctly and the audio was poor.

In the end, I had to tether my laptop to my personal phone via 5g.

Monday 14 August 2023

LawrenceRoad_2-1692174591873.png

Tuesday 15 August 2023

LawrenceRoad_3-1692174621459.png

Can someone from Virgin Media pelase contact me?

Thanks.

Thank you for the update @LawrenceRoad 

I have had a look at the system and your hub data seems to be in sync. However as The issue seems to be ongoing, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

The BQM does not look like its to your IP...

---------------------------------------------------------------