Menu
Guan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Package upgraded, but stll on old speed

Good evening one and all.  I upgraded my package a few days ago.  I recieved an email telling me that my upgrade had been completed, and this is reflected on my account now showing M200 rather than the previous M100.  However, my speed has not changed (106-108Mbps down, 9.8-10.1 MBps up). 

My Superhub 3 still shows max download rate of117000047 and max upload rate 0f 10500047.  Is it normal to recieve confirmation of the upgrade and have your account upgraded but not the speed?

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package upgraded, but stll on old speed

You're still on M100.  As said elsewhere it may take the upgrade a couple more days to kick in.  The other thread mentioned modem mode.  If you're using this, try using router mode and see if you get a new config file.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Upgrade-from-100-to-350-but-no-joy-yet/td-p/4278139 

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
0 Kudos
Guan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package upgraded, but stll on old speed

Thanks for the reply.  I'm in router mode and have rebooted the router a few times throughout the day.  I just wasn't sure if the cxonfig for the router would be pushed when my account was updated or at a later date.  I can only assume the latter.    Thanks MrHalfAsleep for the confirmation.

0 Kudos