Menu
Weirskynet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS5 Wifi 6 Network speed

Hi Folks 

I use my superhub 3 in modem mode an have it connected to a new Asus RT-AX82U Router and have set it to enable ax mode,

I have seen online users with BT 900MB service posting speeds from the hub as 800mb on PSN download yet im struggling to get past 260 on Virgin,

Also other devices cap out at 560mb (Phone, Tablet etc)

I have the ports forwarded on the router for psn and tried everything but cant get past this ?

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the download rate closer to connection speed?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS5 Wifi 6 Network speed

Regarding the Play Station Network, don't forget that ..

Schools are on holiday,

PS5 is a new piece of kit and we have just had Christmas,

Lots of people are on extended holiday.

Just add those few things together and you are looking at a very busy PS network.

The only way to test speeds is by using a direct connection with a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Weirskynet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i tried that best it get is a very inconsistant 324mb cabled to a 1gb lan port on a cat 6 cable to the ps5
the wifi topped out 268mb
test direct on virgin router and got 350mb cabled and 185 on wifi

this is with the router being 2ft from PS5
0 Kudos
Weirskynet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Also other users on the PS5 Forum on fb when i posted done similar tests with BT some are getting over 600mb one had 800mb so can't be psn as this was done same time within minutes of me posting almost like a live test with other providers on a higher package

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You need to test with a proper computing device with ethernet cable not a game console.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Weirskynet
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tested with my work Dell latitude laptop cabled and wifi

similar results above about 5/10mb out in each ?this was tested direct to router and direct to wifi on virgin router with no other devices then tested back on the asus router

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Forget the Asus and Wi-Fi until the speed to the Hub can be verified.

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

0 Kudos