Menu
1Ishaaq
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PS4

Hey,so usually I play on 5ghz connectivity.For some reason I am now forced to play 2.4ghz as when I put it to 5ghz only my internet does not pop up.As a result of this my gameplay experience has been quite bad and inconsistent.What is the solution to fixing this issue?

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4

If your using your SH in router mode. Log into it.

Find the SSID area, and change the SSID for the 5GHz band to VMxxxxxx_5G. So you will see 2 SSIDs from now.

Makes life better going forward.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
1Ishaaq
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thx for the reply,how do I login to my Suber hub?

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is probably the biggest issue with the SH3: The Dual-Band WiFi is totally unreliable.

To cut a long story short, you can follow some simple rules to maximise the strength and quality of signal with the SH3, and its dual band WiFi.

Setting Up the Dual-Band WiFi
Visit the intranet admin page at http://192.168.0.1 (or wherever is appropriate for your network), via a browser.
Wait for it to load (the intranet web page for the SH3 is markedly slower than that of the SH2), and then log in using the admin password

Locate the following settings page: Advanced > Wireless > Security

Change the SSID for VMxxxxx_5G connection for 5GHz connection respectively.
Press Apply Changes

Give the SH3 a minute to update these changes, power cycle if necessary
Use the correct band of WiFi for each device

Newer devices that support 5GHz WiFi
ONLY if said device will be near to the SH3

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos