Menu
Janey2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

PS4 issue

I’m having issues with lagging on a PS4 upstairs - my Hub 2 is in the lounge downstairs so I bought a plug in booster which I’ve tried in several places around the house but it’s no help. 
i do have another PS4 in use downstairs which I know can make a difference but I was hoping the booster would help get the signal upstairs. 
Any suggestions? 
(I’m on M100 package but a speed test on my phone whilst sitting next to the hub has shown results of between 30-50 but I’ve read on this forum that a lot of people seem to be experiencing slow speed recently)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 issue

My lad is a semi-pro game and would "absolutely never!" use wifi to connect any of his gaming devices (it's the work of the devil!) - its ethernet cable connections or nothing for him.

Can you run (Cat6) ethernet cabling from your Hub to the PS4's as that will instantly sort it.

You could also buy a Mesh system and use the ethernet ports on them to connect the PS4's to with ethernet cables almost full speeds. Or the improved wifi may suffice. Plug in boosters are "toys" in comparison to a good Mesh

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos