Menu
sarahwilkie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

POOR BROADBAND SPEED & WIFI

Hi I've been with virgin for 1 week now & I must say the broadband is crap the router is in the living room but I can't get a signal in my bedroom, the TV keeps timing out because it buffers,freezes for a long time,my Netflix & amazon prime also do the same,my phone & tablet keep disconnecting from WiFi,I am on the M200 package which should be more than enough but when I do a speed test on the virgin app I average 50 mbps can anyone help

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: POOR BROADBAND SPEED & WIFI

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, sarahwilkie,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. How has things been since your post? Is it only WiFi or are you having the same speed issues on wired connections?

I have run a remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection.

We can also provide online broadband help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband

For WiFi you can take a look here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3

Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need to test a wired connection direct to the Hub.  Wifi speeds are not guaranteed as wifi is too easily impacted by interference.  You would be better trying to use wired connections wherever possible.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Let us know how it goes, sarahwilkie.

0 Kudos
sarahwilkie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

HI,I HAVE DONE A NUMBER OF WIRED SPEED TESTS ON THE COMPUTER AND ITS BETWEEN 21MBPS AND 80MBPS DOWNLOAD SPEED 

I HAVE ALSO DONE WIRELESS TESTS AND IT AVERAGES BETWEEN 21MBPS AND 38MBPS DOWNLOAD SPEED 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @sarahwilkie 

Could you please preform a pinhole re-set and run another wired speed test for us. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
sarahwilkie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have done the pin hole reset and done wired speed test many times over the last view days and it's averaging about 86mbps 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for carrying the requested steps out sarahwilkie.

I've had a look at your account and everything appears to be within the ranges and spec we'd expect to see. I've arranged for a technician to attend and you may find the details via your online account and change it if necessary. Please let me know if there are any individuals shielding in the property or if this isn't a convenient time for you.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
sarahwilkie
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have checked my account but I cant see any details or information about the technician appointment

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The appointment was arranged for yesterday and is showing as completed, did the appointment not take place?

Rob

0 Kudos