Menu
hannahspencer1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ordering a WiFi booster

Hi, 

I have tried to order a WiFi booster through the connect app as connection speeds in the upstairs of the house are recorded as slow but the app is not working.

I have tried to call and also put in two 'complaints' to be able to order a booster but have had no reply to these.

I would like someone from the customer service team to organise a wifi booster for me, it should not be this difficult!

Many thanks

Hannah

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordering a WiFi booster

Hello hannahspencer1 / Hannah,

Sorry to hear you've not been able to order some WiFi Boosters with us. I've checked your details to see whether they've been ordered and I can see that you've spoken to an agent since you posted but I can't see the order myself. I can get this arranged for you here however please note that there may be a monthly subscription for the Boosters depending on your package. For example, if you are on the Maxit and Full House packages, they are free. Please scroll to the bottom of this link  for details on the packages and subscription.

With the above in mind, if you're still happy to go ahead with the Boosters or if you have any questions about them, please post back so we can get this arranged for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
hannahspencer1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the response, it's nice to hear from someone!

I'm not on the maxit package. According to the info I read if you have blackspots in the house you should be able to order the booster for free through the app but then it doesn't work ordering on the app.

To be honest and from what I've experienced of virgin so far I rather suspect this is deliberate on order to get people to pay the £3 extra each month. I would really appreciate (also given the amount of time its taken to sort out) that this is ordered for me at no extra cost and discussed with a manager if that is necessary,

Please let me know

Thanks

Hannah 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I completely understand your frustration with the situation, and we'll always do our best to help from here. 

You should have had a response from our team regarding your complaint already, have you had anything through the post or via email?

Due to the package you're on, then this would be a £3 per month charge for the boosters. We're not able to waive that charge for you, so please let us know if you'd like to go ahead and order them?

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dont get wifi boosters for £3/mo - there are far better solutions out there that those monies should be put towards to solve the wifi issue completely. There are multiple threads on here about it - look for wireless routers, wireless access points or Mesh systems.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos